We are happy to announce a new upcoming release for Choqok after more than one year and half.
We want to make this release more stable than ever and then we are going to release a beta today and the final version next month.
Big news about this release is that Choqok is now based on KDE Frameworks 5 and we officially support Friendica.
Changes for this release:
- Rename StatusNet microblog as GNU Social
- Twitter: fix user lists loading
- Twitter: allow to select any follower when sending a direct message
- Twitter: fix searches by username
- Twitter: fix searches by hashtag
- Twitter: show original retweet time
- Twitter: fix external URL to access direct messages and tweets
- Twitter: send direct message without text limits
- Twitter: support to send and view tweets with quoted text
- Twitter: allow to delete direct messages
- GNU Social: fix medium attachment to post
- GNU Social: allow to send direct messages
- Fix removal of accounts with spaces in their names
- Fixed the bug that overwrite an account if you use the same alias of another
- Always use HTTPS when available
- ImageView: dropped Twitpic and Tweetphoto support (services are dead)
- A couple of segmentation fault fixes
I should thank Mehrdad Momeny, Andrea Scarpino, Ignacio R. Morelle, Ian Schwarz, Gilbert Assaf for their contributions to keep the Choqok up.
And here you can find a longer list of bugs fixed in this release.
Download Choqok 1.6 Beta 2
You can always support Choqok development via reporting bugs, translating it, promoting it, helping in code and donating money.
We are happy to announce a new release for Choqok after more than one year.
Big news about this release is that we now have a working plugin for pump.io service. thus Identi.ca users can continue using Choqok. and we kept the StatusNet (Now called Gnu Social) plugin, so self hosted Gnu social services are still supported. More >
We are happy to announce release of Choqok 1.4.
Sometimes ago we had two bad news, Identi.ca service switched to pump.io software and dropped it’s API, so Choqok is no longer support Identi.ca service, but it still supports StatusNet websites, because StatusNet is not died. About Identi.ca support, right now there’s no one working on pump.io support as I know, so unfortunately there’s no promise on supporting it again.
And in Twitter land, they turned off support for API v1.0 which Choqok was using, and so with this update Twitter support is back to Choqok. More >
I am really happy to announce you another version of Choqok, Our lovely microblog client.
Unfortunately, life is going to make us busier everyday, But I’m trying my best to keep this app up and alive.
And once again, it’s near Nowruz, Iranian new year. So, I dedicated this version to all of my people around the world, with an Iranian cultural code name and specially, Icon and splash screen for this release.
Recently, We wanted to do some decisions for Choqok road map and what to do next? We found out that after more than 3 years, Choqok now has a growing number of users, But unfortunately we don’t have a good view of them? what distro, what desktop do they use? and what do they use and need more? More >