The name comes from an ancient Persian word, means Sparrow!
It currently features:
- Supporting Twitter.com micro-blogging service.
- Supporting Identi.ca micro-blogging service. (pump.io)
- Supporting self hosted Gnu Social (Formerly known as StatusNet) websites. (Using their Twitter compatible API)
- Supporting Open Collaboration Services API (Used by opendesktop.org)
- Supporting Friends, @Reply, Favorite and Public time-lines.
- Support for send and receive direct messages.
- Official Repeat/ReTweet functions.
- Supporting Multiple Accounts simultaneously.
- Supporting search APIs for Twitter and StatusNet services.
- Support for Twitter lists.
- KWallet integration.
- Ability to make a quick tweet/dent with global shortcuts. (Ctrl+Meta+T)
- Ability to notify user about new statuses arriving.
- Flickr, ImageShack, Twitpic, Twitgoo, Mobypicture and Posterous photo uploading
- Support for shortening urls with more than 30 characters.+shorten on paste, With more than 10 shortening services
- Posts (Statuses) list appearance configuration.
- Filtering supported to hide unwanted posts.
- Setting your last post as your current status message in IM clients (Kopete, Pidgin, Psi, Skype)
- Preview Images from Twitter, Twitpic, YFrog, img.ly, plixi, Twitgoo, TweetPhoto and etc. services.
- Preview Videos from YouTube and Vimeo services.
- Send Now Listening text. (Many of favorite players such as Amarok, Exaile, Banshee, Rhythmbox and VLC supported)
- Expand short Urls.
- Proxy support.